Wednesday, July 6, 2011

You Know You're Ready to Rotate When. . .

This may be a bit dated since it applies more to when I was nearing the end of my UAMS rotation, but I feel it will soon apply again since we are now on two-month rotations instead of four.

Because of the way things are, I spent eight straight months at Jones Eye Institute. I like most of the people there, enjoyed the relative ease over there, but was more than ready to leave. There are certain telltale signs to prove ones readiness.

One of these is counting down to the end of a rotation by the number of clinics. For example, at one point, I know I was saying, "Only three more Friday afternoon clinics until I leave this place," or, "Only two more neuro-op clinics left this block." It seems small to you, but these are milestones. Yeah, yeah, Mia sat up at six months, and that too is a milestone. But she never had to sit though contact lens clinic, she never had to sit through Friday afternoon optics lectures.

I know, I know. Big baby. Still, all countdowns come to an end. And I was happy.

No comments: