Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Excitement of the New Guy


You know I'm interested in doing a fellowship in oculoplastics. You know how much it would mean to me to gain a spot in such a fellowship. So naturally when I found out we were looking for a new oculoplastics physician, I was intrigued. Then, I found out we had actually hired one (tough to do on the tight JEI budget). Then I was truly excited.

After his arrival I found out what true excitement is. He is a young guy, fresh out of fellowship and after a stint in the military. He is far more published that most people this early in his career. His sheer enthusiasm for doing more research is nearly infectious.

We have a couple more new folks starting the coming months, but I somehow doubt they will match his excitement at being where he is.

No comments: