Saturday, July 16, 2011

It Can be Hard to Go Back to Routine

Old picture, but she still pulls it off much better than I.
For about eleven months of the year, we have morning lectures on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Between the time of the OKAP exam and resident's day, the whole morning conference thing went to the wayside.

Naturally we've been back at if for about a month now. Probably one of the more difficult things to do was to get back in the routine of keeping up with a defined study schedule. I have always really enjoyed the fact that our didactic component of the program is rigidly organized - it forces our hand to keep up with reading regularly; whereas in other programs this may not be present and reading is just supposed to happen during  magical free time. I was once told by a smart man that while surgeons may work at the hospital 80 hours a week and we maybe 50, we make up for that other 30 with extra reading. I'm not sure I get in 30 hours a week of reading, but you get the point.

Anyways, I suppose I should get back to reading about the biochemical oddities of the human lens.

No comments: