Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Update

So allow my to apologize for a little bit of a hiatus there. I have been quite busy with a number of things: writing a paper, trying to polish up an IRB proposal (over and over and over and over), and oh yeah, gathering everything needed to apply to fellowships. I have had a little stress to say the least, and although I enjoy writing here, other things just needed to take precedence.

That paper is more or less finally written. It has been rewritten more times than I can count. All that's really left is going through the arduous process of submitting the whole thing online. We'll see how it goes.

The IRB proposal has been a learning experience for more people than just myself. Starting a prospective study from square one is not something many people at JEI are familiar with. In fact, practically no one is. I have had to have multiple meetings with multiple people just to figure out what might fly. We shall see.

Then there has been the application process. The amount of redundancy has been sickening. Assimilating the information was probably ten times more work than it was for residency - even though the exact same centralized application service is used for both. Where's the trust?

Anyways, as I promised a mentor, here is a plug to his newly begun blog:
http://eyelidsurgeon.wordpress.com/  He has several posts about the do's and don't's that people in the real world care about. Check it out - he is looking for more hits.

No comments: