Monday, September 26, 2011

You Sound Like Tom Cruise

The comments regarding my overly youthful appearance are always forthcoming. And I can't say they disappoint me - I would rather look ten years younger than ten years older than my current age.

Some have commented on a particularly soothing voice. I have had one attending say I sound like a radio announcer. Although, I will claim to have led a more straight and narrow path than the Ted Williams with the "golden voice."

What took me by surprise one day was a little black lady who told me I sounded like Tom Cruise. How she really knew what he sounded like is beyond me. Perhaps she saw in entirety his little freak out moment on Oprah one day. Never once did I get on my chair or desk and jump around though.

So that's it. I am an 18-year old radio announcer with Tom Cruise savoriness.  With emerging gray hairs. It just doesn't all add up.

No comments: