Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Lady in the Scooter

I know I have made an Austin Powers reference in the past, but I couldn't help but smile to myself and again think of that silly man when I saw exactly what this title implies.

You all know this scene. In an attempt to turn his little cart around, he wedges it between the hallway walls, switching from forward to reverse gears repeatedly to move mere inches.

Well, a lady at the VA did a very similar thing. Lots of those folks have found themselves in a powered scooter for one reason or another. Some have also become quite adept at maneuvering through the hallway; others not so much. This poor lady found her self similarly wedged in the hallway, except the effective walls were patients in chairs, each fiercely protecting what toes they had left (diabetes runs rampant in the eye clinic).

So what if I chuckled? There wasn't much I could do to help.

No comments: