Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Matthew Broderick Similarity

If you're looking for one, so am I.

If you have followed by Facebook posts at all, you may recall a post I made some time ago about a particular lady's nugget of a support (I think).  It was during a flight home, I think from Seattle. We were making our descent into Phoenix for my connecting flight and her home airport. We started talking about our recent travels. She was a registered nurse who had taken her career into the educational route and was returning from attending some sort of educational conference. I obviously told her I was interviewing for fellowship positions.  As I had said to so many others previously, I explained that I only hoped all the traveling wasn't in vain.

Her statement of support:
"Well, I'm sure you'll do just fine. You have that whole Matthew Broderick thing going on."

I was unsure how to respond. What exactly did she mean? Were she and Matthew good ol' Skyping buddies, or what?


Was it the young Ferris style with a laissez faire outlook on all of life? I sure hope not, or at least that is definitely not how I wanted to come off during a single interview.


Was it a piss-poor attempt and being sexy with stubble facial hair and mad side burns? Again, not how I wanted to come off. And, oh yeah, I can't.


Perhaps it was a hidden appetite for Sarah Jessica Parker. Nope, don't have one of those. Did somebody say, "horse face?"

No matter. My apparent Matthew Broderick likeness didn't aid me any.

No comments: