Sunday, February 26, 2012

Going for a Bit


If I ever thought travel was somewhat complicated and tiring before, I have another thing coming over the next three weeks.

First, I leave tomorrow to go to Kirkland and then Austin - then I will fly back to LR on Friday to be home for the weekend. Then, I leave Sunday to go to San Antonio for a one week review course (blah). I will come back Friday and actually be back for a whole three days. Lastly, that following Tuesday, I will leave for Milwaukee and then Albany, returning Sunday night.

When I said I wanted to see the country, I didn't really mean from the air and airport windows. I will basically have been across the entire northern United States. Why my interviews have been focused so much in the northern states is beyond me. At least I will be flying fairly exclusively with Southwest. They have, in my experience, been the most reasonably priced airline in terms of fare and luggage. They have fewer time options, but that is a trade I'm willing to make for cost. And at least I am earning flight points - although probably not enough for much more than a flight beyond Memphis. But they don't ever expire, so what's the hurry? They aren't in the habit of losing baggage and have far better customer relations than other airlines I have flown. So, kudos to them.

No comments: