Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Own Office Space

You know what I think one of the best things about the VA is?  My own office space. Or at least it's mostly mine. It gets used from time to time by other folks when I'm operating or not there, but overall it's my space. I can organize and run it however I want. At JEI and ACH, we are not afforded this liberty and the rooms are much more public which means searching for what I need every time I see patient. I'm not sure what the best solution for this is, but it can be a problem.
I never understood why people with their own rooms felt the need to put up signs that instructed borrowers of the room to be sure to leave it in its original condition. I always felt it was a little juvenile. But I can see where the point is - I hate it when I walk into my room on a Friday morning after someone else used it Thursday afternoon and there is trash on the desk, bottles of drops strewn all about, and materials not stocked. This is not an exaggeration at all - it's typical. I still don't think I'll put up a sign in colorful, bold letters, but then again, it should be universally understood.

I wonder if it needs new cabinets?

No comments: