Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Writer's Block


This isn't the kind you get when you want to write about anything, but just aren't able to do so. This is a very specific kind - a research kind. Trust me, I have plenty of potential blog topics about which to write - all one would have to do is look at my dashboard to find many titled but unwritten entries.

I have spent a fair amount of time looking through many patient charts, copying several bits of information, and all in hopes of finding some sort of statistically significant information. The data was all analyzed by the bioinformatics people, but I don't think they came up with anything I couldn't have on my own. That is not to say they suck at their job - just that my pile of data sucks. It's not bad data, just data that doesn't really show anything.

I started this research project in hopes of finding some sort of publishable information; something that could potentially get practitioners thinking about the way they do things and how they might change. I know that in order to be a competitive fellowship candidate, a few good publications related to oculoplastics under my belt would be super helpful.

I have none. And all the writing in the world can't save me.

No comments: