Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Return


After a nineteen-month (or so) hiatus from this, and after much forethought, I have decided to revive this blog. I mean, things have changed immensely since then. At the writing of the last entry, I was barely starting my dreaded intern year. Now, I am nearly finished with my first year of ophthalmology.

Things are different now. My goals are the same, but their immediacy and importance have changed. Mia, who was then a small baby, is now a dominating toddler. Rachel is far more advanced and engrossed in her blogging hobby than she was then - which I think is pretty cool. I have since remodeled (nearly) our master bathroom and kitchen.

My goals with this blog are also different. I intend to write more frequently (duh), but perhaps with more actual focus on my career. There are many things to discuss; some things are very behind-the-scenes and others not so much. The fellowship deal is just around the corner, and I know within a few blinks of an eye, residency will be over. Why not comment on its progression in the meantime?

Hey, it's better than playing computer games all the time as an excuse to take "breaks." And aren't the changes pretty cool? I thought so.

2 comments:

Scott Pasternak said...

Brad! I look forward to reading your new, updated blog...

Unknown said...

I smell a book in the making Dr. Bear.