Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Actually Kind of Like Presenting

I have had to do a lot of presentations in the last few weeks - with the biggest one yet to come. And you know what? Overall, I rather like giving presentations.

Now Dwight over there didn't think he would like presenting, but after some secretly helpful tips from a trusted coworker, he pulled through just fine, taking the stage away from his boss.

My methods were different. Sure I needed coworker tips at the beginning to understand what certain people expected out of a grand rounds presentation. But this knowledge mostly just came from having sat through them, week after week. There are fine details preferred by different attendings directing the show on a given day, but these can be discussed ahead of time. The biggest trick is mastering the presenting materials, and the presentation itself. You can't put a presentation together the night before and go through it in its entirety the first time in front of an audience and not stumble a time or two.

What I really need is one of these:

No comments: