Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Writer's Block

I haven't really posted in awhile because I haven't had much to say. Everything there is to know about Mia is on Rachel's blog. Everyone's asking when Mia will get to come home, as if there is hope it will be very soon. I'm not being pessimistic, but it won't. Even if she were to have surgery next week, she would need plenty of time to grow more and heal and eat and breathe better. I give her at least two weeks beyond surgery before she comes home, but that's just my unprofessional guess. My AI ended without a going away party. Didn't really learn much other than how to get patients out the front door of the VA. My primary care month in the internal medicine clinic started on Monday. It's pretty cush - I see one or two patients a day, and the best part about it is that when I'm not seeing anyone, I don't have to sit around with nothing to do. I can actually leave if I wish. I went back to the gym today for the first time since well before Christmas. I was somehow still able to run three miles, very close to my usual four, without trouble. We shall see how my legs feel tomorrow or the next day. I made a fair amount of money on call at the eye bank last week, more than I ever have before. This is only party because I submitted my days and referrals from the last time I was on call the week Mia was born since I never submitted anything then.

I thought I would have more paramount things to say when I started this blog, but I guess I just don't.

No comments: